10 Steps to a Good Test Drive by Trusted Dealer of used cars in Florissant
“Auto buyers should be attentive during the road test and shopping process,” shares a sales consultant at Cross Keys Auto, a dealership known for selling the top used cars in Florissant.
8 Steps to Evaluating a Car Before + After the Test Drive
1) Prior to the test drive, access resources at SaferCar.gov and the National Automotive Dealer’s Association (NADA) for the latest research and reviews.
2) Read the vehicle’s history report. Pay particular attention to the odometer report, and any previous accidents and any recalls.
Compare the mileage on the vehicle report to the odometer,” advises a vehicle specialist at the used cars in Florissant dealer, Cross Keys Auto.
FYI: CarFax is renowned for providing accurate vehicle history reports.
3) On the day of the test drive, make note of the vehicle’s body. Are there any signs of corrosion? Rust suggests that an automobile may have been been exposed to a flood.
In the car, make note of any smells associated with mold.
4) Behind the wheel, fine-tune the seat to accommodate comfort, and promote rear road visibility. Inspect any features embedded in the steering wheel, such as the audio settings, Bluetooth, and cruise control buttons.
5) Check temperature settings to ensure that the air conditioner and heating system work.
6) During the road test, make note of how the car handles. Although road noise is common on most cars, listen for any worrisome noises. Clicking, knocking and whining sounds are usually symptomatic of a problem.
Always test drive the safety features like traction controls , and stability control systems, and anti-locking brake systems (ABS)
7) Assess the safety equipment. Anti-locking brake systems (ABS), traction controls , and stability control systems became standardized features in 2011. On slight turns test these features, by pressing the brakes to experience the used car’s performance.
8) Inspect the extras, such as the sunroof, keyless ignition, power windows and other convenient features to make sure they work properly.
9)After the road test, look underneath the vehicle for any signs leakage. A
10) If the test drive goes well, then evaluate the and passenger cargo space.